GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF DWSSC
- Establish a national institutional network for skill development of domestic worker and care-giver in households and establishments.
- Facilitate linkages among various stakeholders in the sector for improved service delivery for the clients and improved reward package for the workers.
- Develop a Labor Market Information System (LMIS) that contains information on the profile of domestic workers in India, the market demand and the list of organizations working in the sector.
- Define job roles and set occupation standards, career progression maps and functional maps for all job roles in the domestic workers’ sector.
- Create skill aspiration and skill appreciation in the sector through well-defined career progression tracks and awareness campaigns for employers and workers.
- Standardize processes of accreditation, assessment and certification of domestic workers through the national network of placement agencies.
- Build institutional capacities and promote institutions servicing the sector to deliver skills training and recognition services for domestic workers.
- Contribute to the creation of a favorable environment for domestic workers.